1. “Project name” is an Eclipse construct. Eclipse organizes everything into projects.
A project name should be one word. I like to use the CamelCase naming convention
here. Go ahead and type HelloWorld.
2. Next, you need to choose the build target. The build target tells the build tools
which version of the Android platform you are building for. In here you should see
a list of available platforms and add-ons you have installed as part of your SDK.
Go ahead and pick one of the newer ones, such as Android 2.2 (but don’t choose
the targets named Google APIs—those are Google’s proprietary extensions to the
Android platform). For our purposes, we’ll stick to Android Open Source versions
of the Android platform.
3. You need to fill out your project properties next. The application name is the plain
English name of your application. Go ahead and enter something like Hello,
World!!!.
4. The package name is a Java construct. In Java, all source code is organized into
packages. Packages are important because, among other things, they specify the
visibility of objects between the various Java classes in your project. In Android,
packages are also important for application signing purposes. Your package name
should be the reverse of your domain name with optional subdomains. I might use
com.example.calculator if I were building a calculator app and my domain name
was example.com. I’m going to be using com.marakana for my package name here.
5. You can optionally specify an activity. I haven’t covered activities yet (you’ll learn
about them in Chapter 6), but think of them as corresponding to the various screens
in your application. An activity is going to be represented by a Java class, and
therefore its name should adhere to Java class naming conventions: start with an
upper-case letter and use CamelCase to separate words. So, type HelloWorld for
your activity name.
6. The minimum SDK version is the minimum version of Android—as represented
by API level—that is required for the device to run this application. You want this
number to be as low as possible so that your app can run on as many devices as
possible. I’m going to put 8 here to represent Android 2.2, which I know I have
installed.
|
Walang komento:
Mag-post ng isang Komento